Best Performance Vehicles
Today's high-performance luxury cars are fast, powerful, stylish, and in most cases are quite luxurious. If you dream of cruising the back roads in a convertible or rocketing around a racetrack at high speeds, there is certainly a luxury vehicle capable of making your dreams a reality. Below you will find a collection of these impressive vehicles offered at Blue Grass MOTORSPORT.
High Performance Sports Cars
Audi R8 is the supercar built for speed, featuring a naturally aspirated pair of available V10 engines. The R8 shares nearly half of its components from the Audi R8 LMS race car, which enhance agility and blistering performance all while increasing body rigidity by 40% over the previous model. R8 V10 Plus boasts a 610 horsepower V10 engine that rockets from 0 - 60 in a blistering 3.2 seconds. Exclusive quattro® all-wheel drive provides superb traction off the line and through the corners. Inside the R8, drivers will find the Audi virtual cockpit, which digitally displays all vital information to the driver via a 12.3-inch TFT display. Premium customizable materials allow the R8 interior to be designed exactly to your specifications. Audiophiles will certainly appreciate the Bang & Olufsen® 13 speaker 550 watt premium sound system available in the Audi R8. It's no surprise the Audi R8 has been named 2016 World Performance Car in the World Car Awards, earning top honors for the fourth time.
- Choice of two naturally aspirated V10 engines (540 hp / 610 hp)
- Bang & Olufsen® Sound System with 12 speakers and 500 watts
- Audi virtual cockpit (12.3” LCD full digital instrument cluster)
- 18-way power sport seats, including four-way power lumbar and side bolster adjustments
- MMI® navigation plus with voice control system
- Audi connect® with six-month trial subscription
- Starting at $162,900 MSRP
2016 World Car Awards World Performance Car Audi R8 V10
For over 50 years the Porsche 911 has set the benchmark for the modern sports car. Turbocharged engines are what provide the world-renowned power to the 911. Drivers seeking the ultimate driving thrill should opt for the 580 horsepower 3.8 liter twin-turbo 6 cylinder engine in the 911 Turbo S. Rocket from 0 to 60 in a blistering 2.8 seconds. Other performance highlights on the 911 Turbo S include Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) which includes an electronic rear differential lock. The optional Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System has 12 speakers and 821 watts that delivers outstanding acoustics. Porsche Communication Management (PCM) integrates navigation, audio, and communication functions and comes standard on all 911 models. Motorweek Magazine chose the 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S as Best Dream Machine in the annual Drivers' Choice Awards.
- Turbocharged 6 cylinder boxer engines available in three sizes with five individual power outputs
- Standard Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Available all-wheel drive systems
- Optional Sport Chrono package with launch-control programming (PDK transmission only)
- Available Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
- Available 7-speed PDK twin-clutch automatic transmission
- Starting at $91,100 MSRP
2017 Motorweek Drivers' Choice Award Best Dream Machine Porsche 911 Turbo S
Available as a coupe or convertible, Jaguar F-TYPE features seductive styling and eye-opening performance. Choose between the supercharged V6 or supercharged V8 engines that deliver power in standard rear-wheel drive or available all-wheel drive configurations. F-TYPE SVR is equipped with a 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine that accelerates from 0-60 in a blistering 3.9 seconds on its way to a top speed of 200-mph. Additional performance highlights of the Jaguar F-TYPE include Torque Vectoring braking, Adaptive Dynamics, and quick response steering feedback. All aspects of the F-TYPE interior is driver-focused, with numerous customizable color options, seat designs, and configurable interior lighting. Jaguar InControl® puts all of your media right within your fingertips and gives you the ability to monitor your F-TYPE directly from your smartphone. Jaguar F-TYPE has been named the 2016 Vincentric Best Value in America award for the Luxury Sports Car segment by Vincentric.
- Available 5.0 liter supercharged V8 with 575 horsepower
- Standard Eight-speed ZF automatic transmission with 'QuickShift'
- 12 speaker Meridian 770W audio system standard
- Standard Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic leveling
- Driver-selectable Switchable Active Sport Exhaust available
- Optional Carbon Ceramic Matrix (CCM) Braking System
- Starting at $61,400 MSRP
Vincentric 2016 Vincentric Best Value in America Award Jaguar F-TYPE
Maserati GranTurismo is the perfect blend of tremendous power, elegant styling, and prestige. GranTurismo comes standard with a 4.7 liter V8 engine producing an incredible 454 horsepower at 7,000 RPM. A top speed of 185 mph along with a lightning quick 4.8 second 0 - 62 mph time highlight the Maserati heritage of race-bred performance. Inside the GranTurismo, drivers will find track-inspired instrument panel and dashboard layout, a synthesis of leather and optional Alcantara upholstery, and ergonomically designed sport seats. GranTurismo offers innovative front styling that is also fully functional, with design that optimizes airflow for engine and brake cooling. A front spoiler, side skirts and slotted front fenders combine to push the front of the car down during high speed cornering. Adaptive xenon headlamps are standard and incorporate LED technology which provide superb lighting on the road. Available as both a convertible or a coupe, Maserati GranTurismo is sure to excite your senses.
- Standard 4.7-liter V8 with 454 horsepower
- Available exclusive Brembo® dual-cast brakes
- Optional MC Auto Shift gearbox with five operating modes
- Standard adaptive xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
- Standard 20-inch Astro Design alloy wheels
- Maserati sport pedals finished in aluminum standard
- Starting at $132,825
“As sharp and responsive as it is, the GranTurismo always maintains a sense of grace, polish and refinement.” - Kelley Blue Book
“First and foremost, the 2017 Maserati GranTurismo is a beautifully styled touring coupe.” - Edmunds
Best Luxury Sports Cars
Porsche 718 Cayman
Completely redesigned for 2017, the Porsche 718 Cayman is now even faster and builds on the legendary agility and nimble handling of previous models. Every element of the 718 Cayman chassis has been revised which results in a stronger, more rigid core structure. Available as an option, Porsche Torque Vectoring works in concert with the braking system and rear differential to increase traction and improve agility upon exiting a corner. A pair of brand new turbocharged flat 4 cylinder engines deliver impressive performance, with the 2.5 liter in the Cayman S producing 350 horsepower. Standard interior features include leather-covered sport buckets with power-adjustable backs, Porsche Communications Management system, and front/rear Park Assist along with numerous customizable color and material combinations. For the fifth consecutive year, Porsche was won Kelley Blue Book's 2017 Best Performance Luxury Brand, proving that performance remains a top priority.
- 2.0-liter 300 horsepower four-cylinder turbocharged boxer engine standard
- Available Burmester® High-End 12 Speaker Surround Sound System
- Optional Bi-Xenon™ headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
- Available Connect module, Porsche Car Connect and Apple CarPlay™
- 16 exterior colors and 8 individual interior color selections with two-tone options
- Optional Adaptive Cruise Control including Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
- Starting at $55,300 MSRP
2017 Kelley Blue Book Brand Image Awards Porsche 718 Cayman
Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe and Spider
Alfa Romeo 4C combines progressive technology, race-inspired performance, and seductive styling. Hand-built in Italy, drivers can easily sense the craftsmanship and premium materials infused into every Alfa Romeo 4C. The centrally-mounted aluminum 1.7L Turbocharged 4 Cylinder engine produces an impressive 237 horsepower and 258 LB-FT of torque. Inspired by Alfa Romeo race cars, the 4C features a Carbon Fiber Monocoque Chassis engineered to provide responsive handling, thanks to a nearly ideal weight distribution. Step inside the interior of the 4C and drivers will be greeted with hand-laid authentic carbon fiber, natural wood trims, and fine Italian leather. Details like the angled instrumentation and controls, flat-bottom race-inspired steering wheel, along with aluminum pedals emphasize the driver-centric focus on the interior. Each expert technician must undergo 500 hours of training to assemble the 4C in order to meet the impeccable standards set by Alfa Romeo. 4C has won the inaugural 2016 "Buyer's Choice Award for Best Sports Car" by Autobytel.
- 1.7L turbocharged 237 horsepower 4 cylinder engine standard
- Twin Clutch 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with Paddle Shifters standard
- Carbon Fiber Monocoque Chassis with Aluminum Front and Rear Cell Structures
- Brembo 4-Piston Front Ventilated Drilled Disc Brakes
- Standard DNA Drive Mode Selector with Race Mode
- Hand Crafted in Italy
- Starting at $55,900 MSRP
2016 Buyer's Choice Award for Best Sports Car by Autobytel Alfa Romeo 4C
Known for its impeccable styling, nimble driving dynamics, and cutting-edge technology, the Audi TT defines what the modern sports coupe should be. Base TT models come equipped with a 220 horsepower inline 4 cylinder turbocharged engine. Driving enthusiasts should opt for the Audi TTS, which is equipped with a 292 horsepower turbocharged 4 cylinder engine which delivers a 0 - 60 time of just 4.6 seconds. TTS models are available with 20" Audi Sport® 10-spoke-Y forged design wheels, Bang & Olufsen® Sound System with 12 speakers, MMI® navigation plus, and Audi magnetic ride. Regardless of the weather conditions you encounter, TT comes standard with the legendary Audi quattro® all-wheel drive. This system manages power distribution between all four wheels to achieve ideal traction in a variety of conditions. Also available as a Roadster, top-down motoring has never been more stylish and exciting. Available interior highlights for the TT include the Audi virtual cockpit, Audi connect®, rain-sensing windshield wipers, Leather/Alcantara® seating surfaces, and MMI® touch with handwriting-recognition technology.
- Available 292 horsepower turbocharged 4 cylinder engine
- Optional 20" Audi Sport® 5-V-spoke design wheels with titanium-matte finish
- Six-speed S tronic® dual-clutch transmission with quattro® all-wheel drive
- Bang & Olufsen® Sound System with 12 speakers
- MMI® touch with handwriting-recognition technology
- Audi connect® with six-month trial subscription
- Starting at $43,500 MSRP
"It's easy to love the 2017 Audi TT thanks to its sharp exterior styling and elegantly simple cabin. But it also offers strong acceleration and agile handling that makes it a blast to drive. We gave it an A rating and consider it one of the best vehicles in its segment." - Edmunds